This week’s quote:
Even the most stable brain operates just a millimeter from madness.”
- Jeffrey Kluger, Time Magazine
- Anne Racin’s month-long stay in Paris while she was pregnant birthed something rather unexpected: The Bathroom Diaries, the web’s largest resource of international bathroom reviews. Via Vagablogging.
- Planning on flying into Heathrow and navigating London’s streets? You might want to pick a different airport and bring a bicycle, as IHT’s Eric Pfanner reports British transport is in a “right mess.”
- Amtrak is trying to draw passengers by offering $100 booze vouchers – perhaps they ought to just invest in better rail infrastructure and train cars instead.
- From fake Rolex to fake Harry Potter, Howard French examines China’s counterfeit culture.
- Language barriers make for great stories, and The Morning News’ Rosencrans Baldwin tells some great and hilarious tales from his life in Paris in “Language Arts.”
This Week’s Wandering News is a collection of travel-related links from the past week TDT finds interesting. It is posted every Sunday.