- Some parents regularly use drugs like Benadryl to sedate their kids during long flights, according to the Wall Street Journal. What ever happened to just being well-behaved?
- Munich is the most livable city in the world, writes Monocle magazine’s William Boston in an article for the International Herald Tribune, as he reflects upon the city-dwellers’ perfect work-life balance from a wicker chair at a cafe.
- Former Seattle correspondent for The New York Times Timothy Egan woefully observes the deterioration of our national parks and reserves as the result of poor policy and industrial interests in a must-read editorial.
- Artist Jane Hammond visited Madison this week along with her print and collage exhibition; her work provides a fascinating window into our own culture, and she creates a few personal interpretations of maps and places. Check out her work here.
- Subcults blog posts a hilarious, if astute, Geography of Woman and Man.
This Week’s Wandering News is a collection of travel-related links from the past week TDT finds interesting. It is posted every Sunday.