THIS BLOG HAS NEVER really had a strict format — and it likely never will. But in an effort to make things just a smidgen more consistent and a tad more daily, I’m making a few tentative changes. The first is the return of This Week’s Wandering News, a collection of links from around the interweb that relate to travel and world news. This will be posted every Sunday. If you can’t wait a week to get your hands on what TDT’s been reading, then check out my del.icio.us. Enjoy!
- Going to be in the Rainy City for St. Patty’s Day? Then check out the bar guide over at The Stranger to go “beyond green beer.” Molly Macguire’s in Ballard is my personal favorite.
- Korean burritos? Steak and bleu cheese dumplings? A new fusion restaurant in Chicago called “Crisp” is blaspheming traditional Korean dishes and making some delicious-looking concoctions.
- An eerie capture of devotees dancing at an Indian festival celebrating the Hindu god Shiva is one among many fascinating photos in a Chicago Tribune collection.
- The Philharmonic has left, the desperation continues. Fifteen people were shot by North Korean soldiers along the Chinese border. According to reports, some of the victims had been trying to flee the country while others had simply been aiding their escape into China.
- Cycling groups are gaining popularity in Indonesia, as thousands of Jakartans are biking to work.