- A new food blog is meticulously combing Seattle’s Chinatown restaurants in search of good eats. MSG150 has a total of 11 bloggers, each of whom takes photos of their meal, breaks down the good and the bad, and even copies their after-meal fortune. Via SeriousEats.
- On the complete opposite of the food spectrum, shortages in North Korea are making political tensions worse. A poor autumn harvest, skyrocketing rice prices in China and Kim Jong Il’s rejection of South Korean aid are all culminating to create what could be a disastrous famine. From the IHT.
- In the travel blogosphere, Nerd’s Eye View says she’s tired of all the on-the-cusp travelers whining about how tourists ruin everything. Her post, “The Thin Edge of the Tourism Wedge” cuts to the heart of the debate.
- Marjane Satrapi, author of the Persepolis graphic novel series — now also major film — was interviewed by the Guardian last week. Journalist Simon Hattenstone talks about Satrapi’s precocious youth and her views on the way the world is heading.
- A reminder to all us young writers and bloggers to keep perspective; there will always be someone who’s working harder.